Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Very" Early Track Plan

Here's what I am thinking about for a track plan for the small, mobile and light Black Water & Mosquito Creek Lumber Co. On30 pike. This is a 5th or 6th version of the sketching out a plan... I think this one will allow for switching and operation with a minimum of turnouts (switches) and more scenery opportunities. The section will be approx. 1 1/2 ft. x 5 ft. so they will fit in the back of our Nissan Xterra. I plan on setting them up on folding tables.

 At both ends I'm planning sector plates that will allow complete turning of the trains to allow ease of operation during a train show, where I can run a train through the modeled scene, then turn it and have it ready for another trip through in the opposite direction.

I plan to hand-lay the track and possibly the turnout, as well. I did that for an old On3 logging layout I once built and the results were quite stunning!


Any thoughts, comments or ideas are very much welcome!

Thanks. And untill next time: "Keep swattin' 'em buggers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment